The organizing committee of the 2015 International Conference on Mathematics in Sport (MathSport International) has announced its call for papers. Next year’s conference is hosted by Loughborough University in the UK from 29 June – 1 July 2015.
The conference is a biennial event and presents work the intersection of mathematics with sport in the broadest sense, which means not only competitive sports but also games of skill or chance. Expected topics include the following:
- Statistics and statistical modeling in sport
- Optimal tournament design and scheduling
- Competitive strategy
- Decision support systems
- Analysis of sporting technologies
- Performance measures and models
- Optimisation of sport performance
- Computationally intensive methods
- Financial valuation in sport
Abstracts will be accepted for consideration at the conference until 13 February 2015. Accepted presentations will be invited to present their work in a future special edition of the Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sport (JQAS).
Again, for more details on the conference, go to the main site at this link. And if you have a sports analytics conference or symposium with a strong technical component that you would like to publicize, send me an email message.